New Bespoke Flight Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully. We have tried to make these Terms and Conditions easy to understand but we realise that you may feel uncertain about some items. Our team are here to help and will be happy to assist you with any query you may have.
– All goods supplied by Stair Crazy are governed by these Terms and Conditions.
– The specifications in these Terms & Conditions are correct at the time of publication. Stair Crazy has a policy of continuous improvement and therefore reserves the right to update or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without any notification. If you order goods after we have published any changes you will be bound by those changes. Accordingly, you should check before your order to ensure that you understand the precise Terms & Conditions applicable to your purchase.
DEPOSITS & PAYMENTS
– All quotations for new staircases are provided subject to review. Orders may only be secured with a deposit of 30% on placing the order with the remaining 70% payable 24 hours before dispatch.
– Stair Crazy will not accept an order until we have received a full deposit.
– Deposits are used to fund the acquisition and manufacture of components for installations. Customers wishing to cancel their order after the 14 days cooling-off period will not receive a refunded deposit. We reserve the right to reduce the refund paid to cover costs. New staircase orders may be charged for if cancelled, as these items are completely bespoke.
– All goods remain the property of Stair Crazy until paid for in full.
– Customers installing stairs into a new build will be charged VAT by Stair Crazy. It is the customer’s responsibility to claim this back.
DESIGN & MANUFACTURE
–Staircases are manufactured to the specifications on approved drawings. Stair Crazy cannot be held responsible to any errors in the measurements provided or approved by the customer.
– It is the customers responsibility to check and approve all drawings and measurements provided by Stair Crazy.
– If you request an amendment to your order subsequent to us accepting such order, Stair Crazy shall have no obligation to accept such amendments. Should Stair Crazy choose to accommodate your request for amendments, we shall be entitled to revise the price payable for the goods and fitting as may be reasonable to do so. Delivery dates may also need to be postponed as a consequence of changes to the original order.
– Sometimes, for reasons beyond our control, we may be prevented from manufacturing or delivering your goods as planned. Reasons may include but are not limited to things such as accidents, breakdowns, emergencies, industrial disputes, fire, flood, storm, severe weather, acts of God, war, riot, civil commotion, unavailability or shortage of materials or labour, interruptions of supply, malicious damage or the default of our suppliers. We will try to put things right as soon as possible however we can’t be responsible where this causes a delay or failure in manufacturing or delivering your goods.
– Stair Crazy select quality components and materials for our stair parts and new flights. All timber components are with unfinished, primed or pre-finished with a 20% semi-matt clear lacquer unless otherwise specified.
– New flights may settle over time resulting in slight bowing of the stringer.
– Whilst every attempt is made to eliminate the expansion and shrinkage of installations allowing a certain amount of clearance, Stair Crazy is not liable for any expansion/shrinkage or swelling of these items.
– Down-stands are a legal requirement with all new open-tread stairs.
– There may be visible pellets covering mechanical fixings.
– If the staircase configuration changes the footprint left behind from the previous/existing staircase will not be the responsibility of Stair Crazy.
– We make every effort to depict products and colours on our website as accurately as possible however we cannot guarantee that any monitor, printer or device you use will accurately reflect the colour of the actual goods.
– Stair Crazy cannot cover against natural timber defects including but not exclusive to colour variations in the timber, any level of deformation or shrinkage deemed to be normal by Stair Crazy or its suppliers, knot content or shakes (natural splits) in the timber. Any defects must be reported immediately. On rare occasions, shakes may occur in timber. In this event, Stair Crazy will not replace the affected timber components.
– We reserve the right to offer an alternative product if an item is no longer available. Our liability will be to replace the faulty goods only. We may be unable to guarantee an exact match.
– Glass is manufactured to the dimensions provided by the customer. Any glass ordered incorrectly is not the responsibility of Stair Crazy.
– Toughened Safety Glass with safety stamp fitted as standard unless otherwise specified.
– Marks, inclusions and blemishes on glass may be present providing they are within the Glass & Glazing Federation glass inspection standards which states: Marks should not be visible from a distance of 3 meters, when viewed at 90 degrees in natural daylight, but not directly towards the sun and with no visible moisture on the surface of the glass and may contain minute particles and fine scratches no more than 25mm long.
– Toughened glass may show visual distortions which are accentuated by reflections in sealed units. This is a natural phenomenon and not a fault. In some lighting conditions, the coating may look like a transparent film or produce a haze, i.e. a cloudy look to the surface.
– Goods are collected and delivered by a 3rd party
– Dates given for production, dispatch and delivery are a guide only and may need to be changed due to issues with the supply, manufacture and delivery of components. Customers will be informed of any changes as early as possible. Stair Crazy cannot be held responsible for any inconvenience or financial loss caused and will not allow any discount or make any payments to allow for customers taking time off work for any delivery time.
– Customers must inspect all goods on delivery. Any defects in any staircase or stair components must be identified within 7 days on delivery. Any subsequent defects reported identified after this time will be considered to be the fault of the customer.
– Stair Crazy are only able to deliver to addresses in the United Kingdom mainland (excluding Northern Ireland).
– Stair Crazy do not provide advice or assistance on staircase installations.
– Correct and competent installation of staircases is the responsibility of the customer or a third party arranged by the customer. Staircases are manufactured by Stair Crazy to be installed by the customer or a 3rd Party on site. Stair Crazy are not liable for any issues during on site assembly or installation. Stair Crazy warranty to does not apply to installation or issues arising from installation.
– It is advised that all new flights are fitted directly onto the concrete flooring base. While new flights can be fitted directly onto other flooring or tiles, it is advised that flooring be fitted with expansion gaps to accommodate the weight of the stairs. Stair Crazy cannot be held responsible for any damage to flooring resulting from the weight of the staircase.
– It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure any applications to the Local Planning Authority are made and granted if required (for example, if your home is a listed building, a new build or you have had/are having an extension built to the property). You may still be charged for materials should your application be refused. The buyer shall be responsible for ensuring that its use of the goods complies with all and any relevant statutes, statutory instruments and regulations having the force of law and any relevant British Standards and shall fully indemnify Stair Crazy and keep it indemnified against all costs, claims, demands, expenses and liabilities suffered or incurred by Stair Crazy as a result of any non-compliance by the buyer. Stair Crazy accepts no responsibility for any installations completed where necessary permissions have not been obtained.
– The customer is responsible for ensuring all staircases installed comply with building regulations and any building control or approvals which may be required.
– Stair Crazy may store your details to ensure you can be contacted regarding your order and future warranty issues.
– Damp conditions or extremes of temperature may cause timber to twist, move, split, warp, shrink, expand or change colour. Problems with damp should be rectified by the customer before installation.
– Liquids in contact with stair parts may result in swelling or discolouration of the lacquer or timber.
– These Terms and Conditions are only available in English. No other languages will apply to these Terms and Conditions.
– In the unlikely event that the goods are out of stock, no longer available, or if a pricing error has been made, we will contact you and advise accordingly.